If you signed up to join us for the first ever SHE Event last week, THANK YOU! We were so lucky to have so many amazing women join us in the group on Facebook, each giving the best tips and tricks in our industry! Harper & Sky shared our favorite four fall trends and different ideas for styling!
- Denim Overalls
- OTK Boots
- Layering Necklaces
- Mixing Patterns
One trend that we absolutely cannot get enough of and definitely our favorite on the list is the denim overall comeback!
If you have a Pinterest account, or follow ANY fashion bloggers on Instagram, then you’ve definitely seen this trend a time or two! What’s better is that overalls are continuing right on into fall!
If you’ve been too nervous to give this trend a go, don’t be! Overalls have been around FOREVER, and I promise they’ve come a LONG way since the 80’s! Light wash, dark wash, skinny, boyfriend cut, distressed, shorts, pants, dresses.. you name it. Each variation is amazing in its own right, and you can virtually style any of them the same or in similar ways!
So I’ve put together my top 3 favorite ways you can style denim overalls to transition right from your summer casual vibes into #PSL mode that’s anything but basic!
How to Style Denim Overalls for Fall
Edgy/Office Meets Date Night
- Dress up your overalls by adding a blazer over top
- The shirt underneath can be a basic button down white shirt with a collar for a more sophisticated and polished look, or you can throw on any shirt with a pattern
- Statement shoes! This can be ANYTHING! Hence, my wild yellow feather heels. But this look would also be amazing with a pair of leopard print, or even red! Not into heels? They make so many amazing flats these days that would look just as good and still give it that dressier edge
- Statement jewelry or a cute clutch (like our marble clutch or sparkle clutches!)
If you’re not into the idea of making a statement, and prefer a more subtle approach, see the next picture for a second option that still pulls off this same overall tone:
- You can pull this look together by layering your overalls over top of a dressier/silky type blouse (I opted for black, which in my opinion, is a staple in any wardrobe)
- Basic Black Heels (not pictured, but these would be so cute!)
- Statement Earrings
- Throw your hair in a messy bun and you’re still pulling off that “I didn’t even try but look so glamorous” vibe
No one says that just because you’re wearing overalls, that they have to go OVER your shirt. In fact, my pair of overalls happens to be one of my favorite pairs of skinny jeans!
Throwing a sweater over top of your overalls works best if your sweater is bigger/baggier. Otherwise if it’s more form-fitting, you’re going to see the exact outline of your straps coming right through (a little is fine, but I wouldn’t go for something extreme).
You can even opt for a sweater that fits a little off the shoulder, and let your strap peek through (which I think is super cute). I opted for a sweater that has a cut-out detail over the shoulder to highlight this. (Check out a similar style here!)
Throw it on with your favorite pair of ankle booties and you’re ready for the pumpkin patch, running errands, or anything else that awaits you!
I’m calling this look the Blogger Vibe because the minute my husband saw me he said, “you officially look like a blogger.” I’m taking that as a compliment.
What I did:
- Grabbed an old white tee from my closet (try some of our basic LS tees that are only $9.99 and perfect for layering!)
- Covered with a long open cardi (see our newest one here!)
- Mules (SO COMFY and SO IN this year)
- My favorite hat to cover a bad hair day (this is what happens when you’re taking photos in sweaters and it’s 90 degrees outside)
Why I love this look?
Everyone loves a good cardigan, and everyone loves looking like they walked right out of their #perfect #instagram account. This outfit gives you ALL of the above. If it’s Harper & Sky Husband approved, it’s everyone approved 😉
See the original post from Natasha’s blog!
Drop a comment and tell us your favorite fall trend or styling tip!