Healthy (Edible) Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (can choose dairy-free, sugar-free, or semi-sweet to meet your dietary needs!)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacoa powder
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and enjoy!
- For the double chocolate version, add in 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacoa powder with a dash more maple syrup while blending.
- Top with chopped nuts and enjoy on its own or with graham crackers for a decadent, yet #healthified cookie dough dip!
Bonus Option: You can create scooped little cookie dough bites!
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Once slightly hardened, use a cookie scooper to form into balls and refrigerate or freeze until ready to eat.
- Enjoy as a properly-portioned, macro-friendly treat to curb your sweet tooth day or night!
Thank you, Erin, for sharing this amazing recipe with us!
Erin Dittmer is a Certified Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist living in the Quad Cities. After years in the fitness and nutrition industry, Erin started a wellness company in 2016 catered to helping people live happier, healthier, and more vibrant lives. She has felt so blessed that her business, All-Inspired Wellness, allows her to empower others to look and feel their absolute best on a daily basis. Her mission is to help people stop dieting and start living by showing them how simple (and delicious!) a healthy lifestyle can be. You can learn more about All-Inspired Wellness by visiting their website, or by following on Facebook and Instagram.
I love that you added butternut squash to this enchilada sauce! What a flavor (and nutrition) bonus! I’m pretty sure this is going to be good on ALL.THE.FOODS but my first instinct is to pour it over some enchiladas and then use the extra in some sort of turkey and veggie enchilada soup. Mmm, the possibilities!