Okay ladies, listen up! We're all guilty of spending too much time staring at a screen, right? And we're all probably a little too guilty of letting our posture slip while we do so. But never fear.. Erin from All Inspired Wellness is showing us her top 3 yoga poses that will help improve our posture and make us feel like the Queens we are!
Check out our latest video, or read all the details below!
Top 3 Yoga Poses To Improve Posture
This pose elongates the muscles that get tight when we're sitting all day.
- Start on your knees, and bring your hands around to your back
- Open up your shoulders
- Squeeze your elbows together, squeezing the shoulder blades and opening up the chest
- Lightly gaze up toward the ceiling
To take this pose deeper:
- Lightly place your hands on your heels
- Continue pressing your hips forward
- Pull your shoulders together
This allows the stretch to be deeper in your hip flexures, abdominals, chest, and shoulders.
Balancing Tabletop Pose
- Starting with our hands under our shoulders and knees under our hips
- Extend one leg and the opposite arm
- You can leave this in a static hold, or add a light pulse
- Switch Sides
This move strengthens all the muscles along our backs to make sure that we're upright and our posture stays intact.
Upward Facing Dog or Cobra Pose
- If upward facing dog is too much, come down on your knees for cobra, both will allow you to get the stretch you need
- Roll shoulders back and feel the stretch in your chest
- Pull your shoulder blades down and away from your ears
- To go deeper, lean one ear to the side, then the other direction
To finish out any perfect yoga routine, go into a Child's Pose.
Be sure to leave any questions or comments down below!
Thank you, Erin, for sharing these tips with us, and thank you to the Zen Box Iowa for letting us use their beautiful space! Before beginning any new diet or exercise program, you should always consult your physician.
Erin Dittmer is a Certified Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist living in the Quad Cities. After years in the fitness and nutrition industry, Erin started a wellness company in 2016 catered to helping people live happier, healthier, and more vibrant lives. She has felt so blessed that her business, All-Inspired Wellness, allows her to empower others to look and feel their absolute best on a daily basis. Her mission is to help people stop dieting and start living by showing them how simple (and delicious!) a healthy lifestyle can be. You can learn more about All-Inspired Wellness by visiting their website, or by following on Facebook and Instagram.